Servings: as a side dish, this can feed up to 5-6 people.
- 1 kilo Chinese cabbage (about 1 medium cabbage) thinly sliced
- 3-4 leaves of iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 2 medium Lebanese cucumbers (you can also use english), peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium red radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (cold pressed is the most health-supportive)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine well.
- Pour dressing ingredients into a small, lidded jar – ensure lid is on securely and shake, shake, shake (Taylor Swift style!)
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and toss to combine.
- Pour into clean bowl to serve and enjoy.
Danielle Shine is a Natural Foods Chef, yoga-loving wife of a talented artist. She writes regularly about health, happiness and food so we can all shine together. Through her love of cooking, she would like to inspire you to prepare, eat and enjoy real food – not stuff that comes in packets with unpronounceable names.
I’m a Natural Foods Chef, yoga-loving wife of a talented artist. Writing regularly about health, happiness and food so we can shine together.
My qualifications include –
Natural Foods Chef (Natural Gourmet Institute), New York City
Integrative Nutritionist Health Coach (Institute of Integrative Nutrition)
Vinyasa Flow Yoga (Yoga Trinity Australia)
Personal Trainer (Australian Institute of Fitness)
Bachelor or Communication, Public Relations and Management (University of Canberra, ACT)