Do you groan when you think of trying to lose weight and exercise? Most of us do! Unfortunately, for so many, the very idea of losing weight breeds negative thoughts and feelings. You may even feel as if it’s an impossible challenge.
After all, who wants to think of climbing on those machines in the gym for 30 minutes to take off the pounds? Or even worse, doing sit-ups at home. Yuck!
If losing weight has become a drag, you need to rethink your strategy.
You’ll be glad to discover that you don’t need to go to the gym to lose weight and get the body you want!
Here are five simple activities that will help you get healthy while having a blast:
1. Play group sports. One great idea for losing weight the fun way is to play group sports. Next time, instead of dragging yourself to the gym and those dreaded machines, check out the recreation centre in your area.
- Start playing soccer, softball, volleyball, or basketball. With these activities, you’ll be burning off the calories while enjoying yourself at the same time!
2. Go for a walk with your friends. Another great way to get active and improve your health is to start walking with friends. Meet during the week to take a brisk walk together, either in the morning before your day begins, during lunch, or in the evening after work.
- Schedule your walk into your day as social time. While you’re walking, take time to catch up and chat with each other. This way it feels more like a social experience instead of exercise.
3. Dance. Dancing is another great way to burn off mega calories while you have a great time. You’ll get your heart pumping, and you’ll enjoy an awesome total workout!
- Take a dance class.
- Go out to a nightclub where you can dance the night away.
- Get some dance videos so you can dance at home.
4. Beautify your yard or cultivate a garden. Gardening and yard work are both activities that burn calories so you can lose some weight. Planting flowers or vegetables, pulling weeds, raking, hauling dirt, and doing other gardening chores can really help you get in shape.
- When you’re squatting, bending, and yanking out those weeds, you’ll be working muscles you didn’t even know you had!
5. Play with your family. Even something as simple as playtime outdoors with the family can help you lose some pounds and stay healthy. Whether it’s running, frisbee, or playing tag together, just having fun with the family can give you some much needed activity.
- Visit a park and go hiking on the trails.
- Climb a tree in your backyard.
- Go swimming or skiing.
The possibilities are endless! You’ll have fun spending quality time with your family, and teaching your children a healthy lifestyle as well.
Although these activities are fun, regular activity and eating a healthy diet go hand in hand when you want to lose weight. You can’t count one weekend of gardening as your exercise for the week. Vary your activities for more fun, and do something to get moving every day.
Consistency is the key to reaching your weight loss goal.
As you can see, exercising and getting in shape don’t have to be boring or unpleasant. There are plenty of easy activities you can do to lose weight, improve your health, and have fun!
Kristy Lee Wilson, a sought after fitness professional, is a former Australian Gymnastics Team member, three-time Australian Power Tumbling Champion and acrobatic performer in the world-renowned CIRQUE DU SOLEIL production La Nouba.
She is a Nike SPARQ Elite Coach on sharecare.com, owner of KLW Fitness, spokesperson and athlete for Flexsolate, and an Advisory Board Member for the Excellence Through Exercise Foundation. Most of all, Kristy is dedicated to helping YOU live your best life possible.
Visit Kristy’s website at http://www.kristywilson.com.
Kristy Lee Wilson is a certified personal trainer and wellness expert specializing in nutrition, fitness, weight management, corrective exercise, sports performance, pre and postnatal fitness, and healthy living. Empowering transformation through personalized coaching and training programs, Kristy is changing lives across the world.
As an elite athlete (gymnastics) from the tender age of eight, Kristy Lee is no stranger to the health and fitness industry, and carries an extensive list of accomplishments and awards, including her most recent title – Ms Fitness Universe 2013.
Hailing from Australia, Kristy relocated to the US in 2001 to perform for world renowned Cirque Du Soleil, a position she held for 10 years. During that time Kristy became accredited as a specialist in a number of fields including – Youth Fitness, Performance Enhancement, Fitness Nutrition and Pilates.