- ¼ cup organic virgin coconut oil
- 3 cups dried, shredded sulphur-free coconut flakes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt – feel free to use 1-2 teaspoons if you want extra salty, just remember to increase your water intake when consuming more salt.
- Preheat your oven to 150C/300F degrees
- Warm the coconut oil until it becomes liquid and mix in the coconut flakes and sea salt – make sure you mix well, then spread out onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until your coconut pieces begin to get a little tan – they will brown around the edges. You can stir them around the tray every couple of minutes, it’s up to you.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cook on some paper towel.
- If you want super crunchy flakes – just store them in your freezer.
I’m a Natural Foods Chef, yoga-loving wife of a talented artist. Writing regularly about health, happiness and food so we can shine together.
My qualifications include –
Natural Foods Chef (Natural Gourmet Institute), New York City
Integrative Nutritionist Health Coach (Institute of Integrative Nutrition)
Vinyasa Flow Yoga (Yoga Trinity Australia)
Personal Trainer (Australian Institute of Fitness)
Bachelor or Communication, Public Relations and Management (University of Canberra, ACT)