Servings: as a side dish, this can feed up to 5-6 people.
- 6 tomatoes, chopped into medium pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 seeded and minced jalapeno (OPTIONAL – use only if you like spicy salsa!)
- 1 green bell pepper/capsicum, chopped small
- 1/2 red onion, chopped small
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 limes, freshly juiced (you can also use lemons)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt and pepper, to taste (you can also add cayenne if you like spicy salsa!)
- 1/2- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped finely (you can also use fresh cilantro and parsley)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together to combine.
- Leave in fridge overnight for all flavours to infuse together.
- If you want a smoother dip-like salsa, place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until you reach desired consistency.
- Enjoy as a side or as a dip.
Danielle Shine is a Natural Foods Chef, yoga-loving wife of a talented artist. She writes regularly about health, happiness and food so we can all shine together. Through her love of cooking, she would like to inspire you to prepare, eat and enjoy real food – not stuff that comes in packets with unpronounceable names.
I’m a Natural Foods Chef, yoga-loving wife of a talented artist. Writing regularly about health, happiness and food so we can shine together.
My qualifications include –
Natural Foods Chef (Natural Gourmet Institute), New York City
Integrative Nutritionist Health Coach (Institute of Integrative Nutrition)
Vinyasa Flow Yoga (Yoga Trinity Australia)
Personal Trainer (Australian Institute of Fitness)
Bachelor or Communication, Public Relations and Management (University of Canberra, ACT)