Servings: as a side dish, this can feed up to 5-6 people.
- 6 tomatoes, chopped into medium pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 seeded and minced jalapeno (OPTIONAL – use only if you like spicy salsa!)
- 1 green bell pepper/capsicum, chopped small
- 1/2 red onion, chopped small
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 limes, freshly juiced (you can also use lemons)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt and pepper, to taste (you can also add cayenne if you like spicy salsa!)
- 1/2- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped finely (you can also use fresh cilantro and parsley)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together to combine.
- Leave in fridge overnight for all flavours to infuse together.
- If you want a smoother dip-like salsa, place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until you reach desired consistency.
- Enjoy as a side or as a dip.