How often do you change things up? Just like your body and mind, your digestive system needs change, and variety. If you’ve been eating the same foods every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner, it’s time to shake things up a little starting with THIS breakfast dish, which tastes SO good and does great things for your body!
Quinoa has many health supportive properties because it contains B-vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, vitamin E and fibre. It’s also a complete protein, which is pretty damn cool (for a nutrition nerd like me!). Most typically used in savoury dishes, quinoa is a very versatile food. I personally think it’s best used in sweet treats like the porridge below, but don’t take my word for it, try it tomorrow morning and let me know what you think!
Healthy Quinoa Porridge
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup nut milk of choice (I recommend almond or coconut)
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries (you can also use blueberries or strawberries)
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- Combine quinoa flakes in a saucepan with milk and heat over a medium heat until the flakes soak up the milk and expand.
- Mash banana with frozen berries with coconut oil over a medium heat for about 5 minutes (or until the fruit warms and you’re happy with the flavour). This concoction is free from gluten, dairy, eggs and processed sugar. Natural, real, healthy and delicious – give it a go tomorrow soon and enjoy every last mouthful!
Danielle Shine is a Natural Foods Chef, yoga-loving wife of a talented artist. She writes regularly about health, happiness and food so we can all shine together. Through her love of cooking, she would like to inspire you to prepare, eat and enjoy real food – not stuff that comes in packets with unpronounceable names.