It may be easy to forget the importance of living a healthy life when we’re going through the daily grind. It may be even easier to get caught up in what’s convenient instead of what’s good for us. However, the benefits you can enjoy with a healthy lifestyle are worth making healthy living a priority!
Here are three healthy living tips you can use to better your health, increase your happiness, and enjoy life to its fullest:
1. Rest and rejuvenate. The biggest healthy living tip that many people overlook is the need for sleep. Life can get hectic. When we don’t have enough time to get things done, most of us opt to stay up late to make up for the lack of time. Or perhaps our busy minds prevent us from getting a restful sleep in the first place. However, getting less sleep is actually counterproductive to doing anything efficiently, effectively, or well!
– Getting enough sleep enables you to work and pursue your passions vigorously. It rejuvenates your body, mind, and attitude. You should have an ergonomically correct mattress and pillow to ensure you get the best sleep possible.
2. Eat nutritious food. Another healthy living tip is to eat a healthy, balanced diet. Many people believe that they don’t need to eat healthy or watch their diet because they don’t need to lose weight. This couldn’t be further from the truth! You should put only the best foods in your mouth no matter how much you weigh, what size you wear, or how fit you look.
– What you eat affects your entire body, including your brain. You can think clearer, feel happier, enjoy more energy and avoid illness by eating nutritious foods. Strive to eat more raw vegetables and fruits instead of processed or packaged foods.
3. Affirm the positive. Having a positive mindset is the key to living a fulfilling life. Many people don’t realize the importance of living and thinking positively. As a result, they inevitably find themselves allowing negative things to rule their mind and body.
– Your attitude is one of the most important contributors to both your happiness and health.
Like every other healthy living strategy mentioned, being positive all the time (or even most of the time) may take some effort. However, an easy way to incorporate positive thoughts into your everyday life is to use affirmations.
Many people use affirmations to help them think more positively as they go about their daily life. Positive affirmations are simply statements you can use to replace the negative thoughts running through your head.
– A good affirmation encourages you to live the healthiest lifestyle possible and be the best that you can be.
Positive affirmations often remind you about how important it is to take care of yourself. An example could be, “I can substitute bad habits with good food, exercise, and healthy living.”
This is a simple way to be reminded of how important you are, how important your body is, and how important your mental health is.
You have a whole toolbox and support system at your disposal to help make your life happier and healthier. All you have to do is take action!
Kristy Lee Wilson, a sought after fitness professional, is a former Australian Gymnastics Team member, three-time Australian Power Tumbling Champion and acrobatic performer in the world-renowned CIRQUE DU SOLEIL production La Nouba.
She is a Nike SPARQ Elite Coach on sharecare.com, owner of KLW Fitness, spokesperson and athlete for Flexsolate, and an Advisory Board Member for the Excellence Through Exercise Foundation. Most of all, Kristy is dedicated to helping YOU live your best life possible.
Visit Kristy’s website at http://www.kristywilson.com.
Kristy Lee Wilson is a certified personal trainer and wellness expert specializing in nutrition, fitness, weight management, corrective exercise, sports performance, pre and postnatal fitness, and healthy living. Empowering transformation through personalized coaching and training programs, Kristy is changing lives across the world.
As an elite athlete (gymnastics) from the tender age of eight, Kristy Lee is no stranger to the health and fitness industry, and carries an extensive list of accomplishments and awards, including her most recent title – Ms Fitness Universe 2013.
Hailing from Australia, Kristy relocated to the US in 2001 to perform for world renowned Cirque Du Soleil, a position she held for 10 years. During that time Kristy became accredited as a specialist in a number of fields including – Youth Fitness, Performance Enhancement, Fitness Nutrition and Pilates.