- ¼ cup organic virgin coconut oil
- 3 cups dried, shredded sulphur-free coconut flakes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt – feel free to use 1-2 teaspoons if you want extra salty, just remember to increase your water intake when consuming more salt.
- Preheat your oven to 150C/300F degrees
- Warm the coconut oil until it becomes liquid and mix in the coconut flakes and sea salt – make sure you mix well, then spread out onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until your coconut pieces begin to get a little tan – they will brown around the edges. You can stir them around the tray every couple of minutes, it’s up to you.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cook on some paper towel.
- If you want super crunchy flakes – just store them in your freezer.
Danielle Shine is a Natural Foods Chef, yoga-loving wife of a talented artist. She writes regularly about health, happiness and food so we can all shine together. Through her love of cooking, she would like to inspire you to prepare, eat and enjoy real food – not stuff that comes in packets with unpronounceable names.