Getting knocked down and then expect to get back up can be difficult for many people. As we look into our ancestral past, we will see examples of many humans that had to deal with dangers that were real. They either handled it or simply died. In today’s world, life has changed. We no longer have to deal with survival that threatens our life. And yet, our subconscious mind still thinks in those terms.
When we lose a job or some other difficulty, life may seem like it is over. If we are asked to perform at higher levels, we see that as a threat to our well-being. Not in what we have to do, but in being told what we have to do. And that makes things more difficult. So does the threat from a creditor. Heck, they might as well be some predator in the wild as far as our minds are concerned.
It certainly seems that today we are facing so many difficulties that really challenge us. How we handle them will determine where we go. Each of us has the ability to come back or to fold. It’s not about what we have, but about what we believe and think.
The ones that have come back from any situation were always people of action. They had a determination and created a plan to see what they could do. These type of people existed all throughout history. They came from every socioeconomic group. And then they just did it. And so can you.
There are ways that you can do that, that will enable you to deal with life’s difficulties and make a strong comeback. Here are a few.
· Develop a Rational-Based Positive Mental Attitude. This is important in how you look at things. If you think about that you will have a positive outcome without doing anything about it, then this is simply irrational thinking. On the other hand, if you believe that you can have a positive outcome by planning and taking action steps to make it happen, then it’s rational thinking.
· Plan ahead for any potentiality. The reason why first-responders do well is that they plan ahead and train for disasters. This helps build resilience when the going gets tough. Even though they can’t anticipate everything that can happen, they do have the built-in resources to deal with it.
· Create goals. If you have gotten down, set a goal, plan and take action to stage a comeback. Know that you can learn from the past in order to help your future.
· Express your feelings. This is very important in order to help release them. There are many ways that you can do that. If you have a support system, use them. Using a journal/diary will help you to express how you feel. It’s something that I’ve used for a while now.
· Exercise regularly. Getting and staying fit will help your body handle any type of trauma or any other stressor. Actually, stressor is a misnomer. There is the bad stress (distress) and the good stress (eustress). Exercise is a form of eustress, so are challenges. Both create growth. By engaging in exercise, you will get fit in both mind and body.
· Eat healthy. Good nutrition will help your mind and body in providing the proper nutrients throughout your body when it is especially needed in times that are very challenging.
· Become and stay flexible. Change is constant. Difficulties arise. Know that anything can happen at any moment. You can even challenge your brain in dealing with sudden change by engaging in learning new things. Reading books or taking courses in subjects you’ve never learned will help. Get active in social media and go outside your boundaries.
These are a few ways that will help you build resilience in your own life. Difficulties will happen. Its how you deal with it will make the difference. By understanding that there are things you can control and things you can’t control, will go a long way towards resiliency. I wish you a successful path whenever any difficult situation arises.
Learning and growing in all aspects of living an optimal life is important. Finding the right experts is important for you to get to where you want to get to in life. Whether it’s in health, confidence, a purposeful life or more… Build up your own ability in life, from the kind of learning that will help you in different areas… They can be in work, personal, relationships, leadership, fitness, nutrition, health or any area that will get you to a life of happiness and purpose. Just go to optimallifeseminars.com for learning and more… Watch for upcoming events and seminars… We’ll also offer many different ways that you can learn… You will learn strategies and tactics that will help you in so many ways…
Bob Choat works as a Peak Performance Coach/Trainer and has certifications as an NLP Trainer, Hypnotherapist, NASM-Certified Personal Trainer, & EEG Neurofeedback Practitioner. His formal education includes a Masters in Psychology as well as degrees in Leadership and Business.