- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 3 beets, roasted and chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 4 ounces chevre goat cheese
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
Dressing – Balsamic Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon of fresh crushed black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add dressing ingredients in a small bowl mix
- Put beets in a bowl and drizzle half the balsamic vinaigrette over beets and let sit for ten minutes
- Toss Swiss chard with the other half of the balsamic vinaigrette and divide among 4 plates
- Top with beets, eggs, chevre goat cheese and walnuts. Lightly toast walnuts in oven (350 degrees) for five minutes if you prefer a toaster flavour.
Nanette Achziger is a wellbeing advocate, culinary explorer and author. She graduated from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition where she studied various holistic approaches to health and wellbeing including dietary theories from the top nutrition experts. She is passionate about sharing how easy it is to achieve a general sense of health and wellbeing. Through tips and tools in her blog and her book, Kaizen, she shares ways to create your own self-care rituals, reduce toxic exposure, and to nurture our selves through food, connection and self-love.